We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Develop intuitive and scalable applications that meet the needs of the company.
- Willingness in proposing robust SW designs to solve specific mobile application problems.
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts.
- Analyze client’s requirements.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Independently develop & deploy mobile applications.
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
- Actively seek ways to improve the performance of the mobile application.
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for the software.
- Proactive personality, eager to research, learn independently, clean code mindset.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- 5 to 10 years
- Must have 5-10 years of experience.
- Proven experience in Android app development.
- Working experience in Kotlin.
- Should have worked in an agile methodology.
- Must have significant experience working and integrating different Maps API.
- Sound experience in integrating various payment gateways.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Sound experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Working experience in developing apps using MVVM architectural pattern.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Good experience in “Kotlin coroutines, RxJava/Kotlin Flow, Dagger 2, Junit/Mockito.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Working experience in SQLite or Room Database.
- Experience in CI/CD.
- Experience with multithreading, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Good if they have following experience too
- Good proficiency in the English language.
- Development Knowledge of applications for Wear OS, TV OS, Android Auto.
- Knowledge about Data structure and algorithms.
- Java, MVP/MVVM, Design patterns, Picasso/ Glide, Volley/Retrofit/RX Java/ RX Android, Butter Knife, Dagger, Constraint layout, google map V3 or later, FCM, Social media Integration, graphics, animations framework GIt code repository.