As a Localization Project Manager, you will manage the work and coordinate with internal teams and external suppliers. Daily work requires the management of linguistic, technical and visual quality and coordination with client staff.
- Manages localization projects from beginning to end, works closely with language specialists, localization engineers, terminologists, product management and development, internal business partners and external vendors and other departments.
- Develops project plans and workflows, managing time, budget, resources and quality control.
- Following analysis of client specific localization software application requirements.
- Creates and controls localization project budgets, performs cost tracking analysis, ensures timely issuance of purchase orders and invoices and approves work reports.
- Assigns, monitors and measures project team members’ work. Manages team’s compliance with standards, practices and policies.
- Leads project/client/business partner meetings and conference calls, including project kick-off meetings, weekly and ad-hoc, solves issues and performs post-mortems.
- Continually expands knowledge and education in localization trends and news.
Skills and Qualifications
- Should have experience in e-commerce, website as well as mobile app localization.
- Proven abilities in project planning, resource and risk management.
- Problem-solving capabilities.
- Quality and detail-oriented.
- Strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Knowledge and Interest in continuing to learn and identify new technologies and new tools.
- Proficiency in translation memory tools (Trados, SDLX) are required.
- Hands on experience with Globalization Management Systems, such as WorldServer and SDL TMS.
- Solid understanding of database concepts and data manipulation.
- 3 to 10 years
- Joomla, Drupal and any other CMS.