Skills and Qualifications
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful.
- Extensive experience developing web applications in Object-Oriented Perl, Python, PHP or Java can be substituted as long as there is a strong desire to work in Ruby.
- Strong knowledge in writing web services.
- Familiarity with Payment Gateway and any third party API integrations.
- Experience with popular web application frameworks such as Rails, Lotus, etc depending on project requirements.
- Familiarity with command-suite libraries, such as Thor and GLI, depending on project requirements.
- Knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool like SVN.
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Knowledge in AWS architecture and implementation is an added advantage.
- 3 to 10 years